Matt. 5:16

Matthew 5:16,"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven."

"Live in such a way that you wouild not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers


Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wild Game Feed


It was a coolish evening on January 21st when I went to the Sandy Creek Baptist Association’s Wild Game Supper and set my Missions Table up. Thankfully there was no snow in the forecast and it was below freezing. That made it better for parking on the grass at the association’s campground tabernacle where the event was held.

This was the first event that I had attempted to sell some of my primitive lanterns to try and support BFTW. I had attended the event last year as well and it seemed to me that this year’s attendance was down from then. I’m guessing there may have been about 85 there this time.

The food was great and there was plenty of it. I wish I had taken some pictures of all the varieties of wild game but never thought about it till it was all over. I did see venison, groundhog meatloaf, a number of versions of noodles with some type of meat and I even saw water buffalo. I settled for the old standby’s and really enjoyed the fish.

I got very little in way of donations but I did enjoy fellowshipping with my fellow brethren in Christ. There was good music, lots of giveaways and the main speaker was Ronnie Wyatt of Crosseyed Ministries. I was allowed a small amount of time to talk a little about BFTW, Living Waters and my ministry. I had an enjoyable evening and was blessed.

Now to try and find my next event.

Our Lord and King, first served.


No comments:

Post a Comment