Matt. 5:16

Matthew 5:16,"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven."

"Live in such a way that you wouild not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prairie Land Heritage Steam Engine Show


I had the opportunity to set up at a popular local event that happens every year. From September 23rd thru the 25th I had a table amid traders row at the Prairie Land Heritage Steam Show in Jacksonville, Il. We had great weather and it was a lot of fun.

I shared a space with a retired couple that I had known for many years and also was next to an acquaintance that I had known thru work. He and his wife had a flea market set up. I could not have asked for better neighbors and we had a great time visiting.

It was a little tough on me because I needed to set up and tear down my table and area each day. But, it was worth it with all the people I got to share with besides handing out a lot of BFTW information and Living Waters tracts. I also had my cross country bike on display and had a lot of people ask me about it.

My youngest daughter Heather helped me the first day but I had to fly solo the next. Then on Sunday Pat came and helped. It was a lot of work but we were in a good spot and had good exposure to foot traffic.

It went well enough that we went ahead and reserved a space for next year but will be set up in the craft barn instead of outside in the traders area. To get in there, you need to sell a craft item. This will be the topic of one of my next posts.

Enjoy the Steam Show pictures below.


Donnie and Sharon

Margaret and Ron












No comments:

Post a Comment