Matt. 5:16

Matthew 5:16,"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in heaven."

"Live in such a way that you wouild not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." - Will Rogers


Friday, November 30, 2012

A Special Lantern #87

This lanterns is special. It's one I just recently made for my wife. Of all the lanterns I've made, she's never had one of her own to decorate and that suited her. So, I was able to get some scrap walnut boards from my dad and started buiding only the second lantern that I've made with a front door. What was neat was the different colors of wood within the walnut. It took me 2-3 times longer to build than a normal lantern but I think it turned out pretty well. I finished it with an old furniture oil that my wife's dad had called "Powder House". It really made the grain "pop". I don't think I'll be making another one like this very soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment